Friday, November 04, 2005

The Assassins Weekender

Well here we are, another week has shot by at a rate that seems a slight increment on the rate last week went whooshed past, which itself was at a speed that could be described as slightly faster than the week proceeding it, a pattern it seems is forming!
  Anyway last weekend, the 29th for those not paying attention, was the long planned and much talked about trip to London, to the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts no less, by the Drayton Massive. We were there to see my good friend James Russell in a wonderful musical called “Assassins”. He really is going places, he played his serious role, placed among an abundance of comedy roles, with a strength and conviction that made me forget he was the man I had know for so long and I really saw him as this down-trodden polish immigrant on course to shoot the president. It was a great show with great actors in all roles, the lead actor who played John Wilks Spook (who shot Lincon) had particularly commendable facial hair, of which I was most jealous!
  Following this theatrical escapade we proceeded to have a few drinks in the RADA bar, mingling with the arty types in a decidedly less than convincing way as evident in my overwhelming need to pull the aforementioned lead actors facial fur, then it was on to an exclusive actors bar, only to be turned away by the most annoying man in a sequined waistcoat I have ever met! In the end we settled at James’ exclusive London residence and proceed to drink the night away, this lead inexorably to a game of truth or dare, which involved, indecent exposure, a Jaguar xjs, a plastic bag and some green Y fronts to name but a few.
  After 2-3 hours sleep it was time to head home via our friend Alice’s abode. Here we had much need showers and an over abundant pizza intake. Then I had to dash across London, hangover kicking in with avengance, to catch a coach home, the execution of which was I have to say the worst journey of my life, as I tried for 5 hours not to throw up on the very nice black lady next to me as she talked about her grandson!
  In hindsight I wouldn’t have changed the experience for the world I got some great photos and it reminded me again how lucky I am to have such a close and fun group of friends that go so far back in my life we always have something to talk about good or bad. So to you Draytoners I say thankyou and I’ll see you all at Christmas!

In a bit YA!

BOB    

No comments: